11.18.2014

London 6/2014

So......

I'm a little behind but remember the Europe trip I was talking about in the last post?
The one that we had planned for a year? Well first stop was London!

   

We flew: 
SLC  >  LAX  >  LHR

I was a little nervous for myself knowing that once we took off from LA, we had a 10+ flight ahead of us. I go crazy flying Utah  >  LA.

It turned out not to be so bad actually.
From the terminal we were taxied out to where the big planes are.
We pulled up to the BIGGEST plane I have ever seen!!
Everyone had their own personal TV's and plugs to charge iPhones/iPads/laptops/etc.
Sure my butt turned numb a few times, but I didn't ever get bored!

A day later, we landed in London.
As soon as we got off the plane I knew we were going to be a little lost.
Everyone there just walks so fast and is in hurry all the time. 
You pretty much get ran over/cut off if you aren't moving fast enough, and let me tell you, it isn't the easiest thing to be moving around with 50lbs bags.
We got many stares or annoyed looks as 5 Americans pulled our not so practical luggage behind us.

One thing we learned very quickly is when asking for directions people say how far away something is by letting you know how long it will take you to walk there.
So we ask a guard at the airport where our hotel was, and he says it's just a 5 minute walk.
So we say perfect and start lugging our luggage for the quick walk.

...... well it wasn't 5 minutes.
I'm not kidding you, we walked FOREVER!!
block after block we were all sweating and just so sleepy from the long plane ride, so we finally flagged down a taxi.

Anyways enough talking, here are some of the pictures:




This was Green Park, the park you walk through to get to Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace





Big Ben


London Eye



Westminster Abbey (where William & Kate were married) 



My Aunt, Uncle, and Cousins met us in London a few days later so we were excited to do a few things with them!

We traveled by train to Windsor Castle















Ok guys.. these guards FREAKED me out! Can ya tell?
Not too long before this he just got done doing his funny walk and yelling at this little Asian lady because she was in his way. YIKES 


My aunt is so funny


This picture is just a mess all around hahaha


Anyways.. London was SO fun! Probably my favorite place we went.
Dev and I got really good at figuring out the Tube (underground transportation). Which made our overall experience better.
The food was normal, the people spoke English, and the weather was for the most part great!

I defiantly want to visit London again soon!